In pallet unitizing, stretch wrap can have several functions:
- Improved stability of products or packages, forming a unit load
- More efficient handling and storage of unit loads.
- Some degree of dust and moisture protection.
- Some degree of tamper resistance and resistance to package pilferage.
- Some degree of sun protection (UV stretch wraps.
Making sure cartons stay on the pallet is an important consideration in warehouse distribution, especially as the demands for increased throughput continues to rise.