Stretch film designed to be applied with a stretch wrap machine is referred as machine stretch film. It provides many advantages over hand film including: faster and more efficient packaging, reduced packaging material costs, safer application, more secure loads and more. Common machine stretch film types: cast machine stretch film, blown machine film and converted films.
Machine wrap stretch film used in conjunction with a stretch wrapping machine that applies the stretch film to the load using parameters set by the operator. Wrap parameters are set on the stretch wrapper to vary the amount and location of the stretch film to provide maximum load retention. These parameters ensure the load is wrapped exactly the same way each time.
Advantages of Machine Stretch Film
- Pre-stretch capability strengthens the film
- Stretch film economies due to stretch and application
- Consistent professional package
Disadvantages of Machine Stretch Film
- Requires a capital investment in stretch wrap equipment
- Requires periodic maintenance to ensure optimal performance